WEBOTIT takes the protection of your information very seriously. We deeply care about you being aware of what data we gather, how we collect it and what it is used for.
What data do we collect?
The information we gather allows us to customize, improve and continue to operate for the Services we offer. Some aspects of our Services make it so that we have to collect and display some of your personal information. We collect the following types of data from our users :
- Personal user information provided by the user or third-party entities such as Facebook, including first and last name, Facebook ID, age and all other personal information inputed by the user in the context of the use of our Services.
- Web traffic data from the user gathered automatically, including IP address, information about the computer used, Service use data, cookies, location, data regarding traffic tracking within our website, conversation archiving with all the different chatbots ;
IP Address and Cookies
We can gather information about your computer, including your IP address (A unique computer or device identifier), operating system (Microsoft Windows 10 or Apple Mac OS X for example) and browser type (Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox for example), as well as the admin system and aggregated data reports. That data is statistical in nature and tells us about the navigational behaviour and actions of our users and do not divulge any information about the identity of any individual.
For that same reason, we can obtain information about your general use of the internet using cookie files, which are small files that are sent to us and which are stored in your computer or other device's hard drive. The cookies help us improve our Website as well as provide a better and more personalized service. They allow us to:
- Estimate the size of our audience and its behavioural tendencies ;
- Store information about our users' preferences, which allows us to personalize our Website and Services in conjunction with individual interests ;
- Accelerate your search ;
- Recognize you when you come back on our Website and the different Services we provide ;
If you wish to remove cookies, please consult the instructions on your file management software and localize the file or directory in which your cookies are stored.
You can deactivate cookies within your browser's parameters. However, if you deactivate your cookies, you might not be able to access some parts of our Website. Unless you deactivate cookies, the system on our Website will send cookies by default.
Third party personal data
If you provide personal information about someone else, you are confirming their consent to let you act on their behalf. You are also confirming that you have informed them of our identity, as well as what their personal information will be used for.
How do we use data ?
By using our Services and providing us with your personal information, you are authorizing us to use the gathered information and allowing us to respect our commitments to you and the Services you expect. We use the data we collect in the following ways:
- To customize your experience and the Services we offer ;
- To generate and analyze aggregated statistics information to ensure the Website or our Services' content are presented in the most efficient manner for you and the computer you are using ;
- To provide you with information about products or services that you ask us about or that we believe might be of interest to you, so long as you agreed to receive such information ;
- To fulfill our contractual obligations ;
- To inform you about service changes ;
- We can also share your contact details to our business partners for marketing purposes or we can send information about other related businesses. It may be possible that our business partners contact you by mail, phone, telecopy, email, or other electronic messaging services with offers and promotions that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your telecopy, phone number or email address, you consent to being contacted via these outlets and for the previously stated purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing related information from us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- We can keep your contact details for up to 13 months starting from the last time you used our Services ;
We keep your data only within the time allotted to provide you with our services, or under the limits prescribed by law. At the end of that timeframe, your personal information will be deleted from our systems. However, we cannot delete your data in the case of legal obligations: if they are prescribed by accounting law or if there are legal reasons to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship ;
What rights do you have?
You have the right to enquire about the personal information we have about you. If your information is incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant, you can ask us to correct or remove it by sending a message to email@example.com.
You have the right to ask us not to use your information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before acquiring your information) if we intend to use them for these purposes or if we intend to divulge your information to a third party organization. You have the right to prevent us from doing so by ticking certain boxes on the form we use to collect your data. You will be able to exercise that right at all times by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who has access to your information?
We never communicate, sell, or exchange data to a third party for commercial purposes that have no relevancy to the Services provided by WEBOTIT.
However, we may pass on data to third parties in the following cases:
- If we have an obligation to divulge or share your contact details in order to answer to legal obligations or to impose or apply our Terms of Service as well as to protect our rights, property, security, consumers or other. We may exchange information with other organizations to protect ourselves against fraud and the prevention of credit reduction.
- If we or our general properties were to be bought by a third party, all detail information gathered by us would be transfered to that third party.
How is our information protected ?
Every information provided to us will be stored on our secured servers.
Unfortunately, the flow of information on the web is never entirely secure. We do everything in our power to protect your personal detail, however we cannot guarantee the security of it as it flows across our Website or our Services; every submission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we will use strict procedures and secure devices to block and prevent any malicious breach of access.
Any further questions ?
Questions, comments and enquiries regarding this policy and the way we treat your personal details are much appreciated and you can send them to us at email@example.com